Sunday 16 February 2014

Sunday 16/02/2014 - Viaduct Winter League - Round Three - Campbell, Carey, Lodge, Match and Spring Lakes

A phone call from Bela late Saturday to say he couldn't fish due to his bathroom being incomplete with no crapper I was worried I wouldn't be able to find a replacement at such late notice, luckily I managed to get super-sub Jamie Parkhouse to fish. So with a lift organised with Gordon Cannings it was off to Cannards Well for a buffet breakfast – no queue here.

At this point I realised I was coming down with man flu.

I nominated Gordon to pick the peg – I wish I didn't as he draw me a crap peg plus an overall indifferent team draw (pictured left).

Its amazing that the three matches so far have been fished in calm very bright sunny conditions and in between its been horrendous wind and torrential rain.

You just don’t want to draw between Campbell pegs 129 and 132 this time of the year, as most of the Carp have migrated to the top end of the Lake. So 132 for me it was – another bloody corner peg and fishing for one lump or two which I really don’t have the mentality to do.

I set up the straight lead, Waggler and a 0.15 Silverfox PC float for 9 metres down the RH margin towards the end bank.

I started on the lead with punched bread and sat on this for 30 minutes - the length of my retention span (I wish it was longer) without any indications. So that went up the bank and only got one more failed outing with double corn. I picked the waggler and fished single caster over caster. I had a few small Ronnie’s and then the biggest fish of the day a 1 ½ lb Tench. Having fed some caster and hemp down the RH margin and without seeing a bite the elastic was shooting out, it didn't last long as a big Carp had swan into my rig straightening the hook. That was it for this line not another bite. I decided to stay on the Ronnie for the remaining hour missing plenty of bites, but it did keep my interest up.

For the second match running I was last in section with 3lb 8oz. However, the team did reasonably well beating Avon Angling again by 1 point!

The match was won from fancied peg 125 by Steve Kedge (pictured right with some of his catch) with 161lb 7oz. Steve “The Lead” Kedge caught on the lead with either bread or meat hook bait not having to feed a thing!!

The Silvers was won by Dave White with 31lb 3oz from peg 38 on Middle Lake. Dave had gone before I could speak to him.

Full Result:

  1. Steve Kedge 161-07-0 peg 125
  2. Andy Mitchell 147-06-0 peg 119
  3. Roland Lucas 115-04-0 peg 116
  4. Nicky Ewers 98-01-0 peg 124
  5. Lee Werret 75-09-0 peg 110
  6. Dave White 72-0-0 peg 38
Top Silvers:

  1. Dave White 31-03-0 peg 38
  2. Bob Gullick 22-15-0 peg 25
  3. Glen Reynolds 21-03-0 peg 37
Weigh Sheets:






































































No comments: