Thursday 12 December 2013

Thursday 12/12/2013 - Bathampton AA Over 55's and Disabled - Bridge Pool

Woke up this morning and observed the following Bird on my neighbour’s roof – was this an omen?
 
Today was the last match for the 2013 Coffin Dodgers season, which meant it was our Christmas match and as tradition we had our annual photograph with 27 in the photograph below with one John Smith in the toilet.
 
 
In to the draw bag and out comes peg 18 – very happy with this, even though it meant being on the scales. This peg has both options – Silvers and/or Carp.
 
It was simple a 4x16 Jolly to fish at 12 o clock at 7 metres for the Silvers and one of my new design of floats a 0.3 gram for the RH margin at 5 metres set at 3 foot deep with an 18 hook for caster or maggot.
 
I fed the Silver line with Pinkie in a tightly packed ball of my Skimmer GB and a few casters in the RH margin.
 
I started on double Pinkie over the Silvers line which was slow with no instant action it took 15 minutes before I put a small Ronnie in the net. Next cast I hooked a 7lb Carp which was played very carefully and luckily ended up in the keep net. After a few more Ronnie’s I hooked and landed another Carp of about 10lb again on double Pinkie. After re-feeding this line I tried the margin with double caster and after 15 minutes with no indication I went back out on the Silver line and had a 2lb Skimmer the last and only. I then had a 1lb 8oz Roach on the drop – fully scale and probably the first time it s been caught since it was 2oz – worth coming just for this fish.
 
After re-feeding it was back in to the margin where I had a liner over the kindered caster I was soon playing my third carp which was carefully managed in to the keep net. The problem I had was the water was so clear playing fish scared other fish out of the swim. So it was back out catching Ronnie’s on the drop until I went back in the margin and had another Carp on triple dead red maggot, my last one of the day.
 
My Silvers weighed 4lb 10oz and my four Carp 35lb 13oz for a total of 40lb 7oz and first overall on the day and a tin of Quality Street for the Special One. The match winner pictured right with the Silvers winner.
 
The Silvers was won by John Smith (pictured right with his catch) with 14lb 4oz from peg 32. John spent the first three hapless hours catching nought. It wasn’t until John went on to 12 metres over potted caster with double caster on the hook that he started to catch quality Silvers including a 3lb Tench.
 
Bill Ferris caught the Silver of the day with a 5lb 4oz Bream which helped him to a Silvers third – pictured lower right.
 
Full Result:
 
  1. Mike Nicholls 40-07-0 peg 18
  2. Bob Price 35-12-0 peg 16
  3. Terry Bruton 35-10-0 peg 6
  4. Charlie Barns 25-01-0 peg 5
  5. Paul Dicks 24-09-0 peg 8
  6. Dave Poole 17-11-0 peg 30
Top Silvers:
 
  1. John Smith 14-04-0 peg 32
  2. Rich Coles 10-0-0 peg 15
  3. Bill Ferris 9-12-0 peg 31
Weigh Sheets:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And finally thanks goes to the series organiser Mike Jones and Chris Rolfe - Mike Jones pictured right with the Christmas fare.

2 comments:

Mike Jones said...

Deaf red maggots? Probably your moaning damaged its hearing!

Silverfox Match Angling said...

Mr Jones - Bitter and battered both sides!