Sunday 15 December 2013

Sunday 15/12/2013 - Viaduct Silvers League - Round Six - Campbell, Carey and Lodge Lakes

It was the last match of this year Silvers League, which has not been that productive for me for a number of reasons, mainly being in the right peg at the wrong time. Today was no different.
 
The weather has been very mild as it was today, topping at 12 degrees c. But we were hit with a heavy downpour.
 
In to the draw tin and out comes Peg 71 on Lodge Lake. I was not too unhappy with the peg, but as I had planned to fish the waggler all match I found the wind blowing into me which would make feeding very difficult.
 
I set up a 4x14 Jolly heavier than I would normally use because of the condition and the waggler. I fed a couple of balls of GB laced with caster at 11.5 metres but started on the waggler with single caster on the hook fished over loose fed caster. I do like and attempt to feed accurately. However, due to the wind I wasn’t able to achieve this. I got frustrated and ended up casting to the feed rather than the other way round. As it happened I don’t think it made much difference as all I could catch was small ½ - 1oz bottle tops and Ronnie’s. This was the case over the GB as well no mater what hook bait I put on.
 
I did hook one Carp on the waggler which I was hoping was a big Skimmer or Perch, alas not. I finished the match with a very disappointing 3lb 11oz.
 
The match was won by Steve Tucker (pictured right) with 21lb 10oz from peg 110. Steve caught at 14.5 metres using double caster hook bait fished over potted caster. Steve caught one Tench early out in front then swung round to his left and had a run of decent Skimmers.
 
The league was well and truly won before this last match by Tony Rixon (pictured right with the league runner up Bob Gullick) and today Tony showed his class by once again winning his section to make it a clean sweep with six section wins - very impressive, especially in this class of field with little luck involved. Well done matey.
 
Full Result:
 
  1. Steve Tucker 21-10-0 peg 110
  2. Bob Gullick 20-13-0 peg 98
  3. Paul Greenwood 17-04-0 peg 131
  4. Mash 17-0-0 peg 119
  5. Andy Power 16-12-0 peg 56
  6. Ian Didcote 16-10-0 peg 97
Weigh Sheets:
 
 
 

No comments: