Sunday 1 December 2013

Sunday 01/12/2013 - Viaduct Silver League - Round Five - Cambell, Carey and Lodge

It was breakfast at Canards Well as usual where we were joined by eight other anglers. Then off to the draw. Being 1 degree above freezing where we were all dressed for the weather except An-Ton (pictured right) who was dressed appropriate for a holiday in Barbados!
 
In to the draw tin and out came “Two Fat Ladies” – 88. I was happy with this as there were plenty of worse pegs in the tin. Bela drew peg 81 where once again he was among the leaves.
 
Arriving at the peg I was welcomed by the wonderful smell of freshly cut wood. Lucky for a few of us Helen Long has put in a few new platforms, however, Helen insisted that I wiped my feet before setting up.
 
The water was so clear that I decided to set up the waggler plus a 4x14 Jolly to be fished at 11.5 metres and although I half heartedly tried it a few of times with various hook baits over GB laced with caster I abandoned it in favour of the waggler.
 
So it was almost waggler from front to back with caster hook bait over loose fed caster, which I really enjoyed, catching Ronnie’s initially followed by three good Perch and a couple of Hybrids. The feeding was difficult to work out because after feeding I was expecting to catch the Ronnie’s on the drop, but for some unknown reason that didn’t happen (perhaps the water clarity). It was a question of fishing the feed out. I tried to feed a tight grouped line as far as I could and a more scattered line further out (accidently). By casting long and pulling over the two lines I kept fish coming through out until the last half hour when Bela’s leaves arrived making it difficult to spot the float.
 
 I weighed 11lb 6oz for a section third and a pick up by default thanks to matey Gary O’Shea.
 
The match was won by Gary (pictured right) with 23lb 2oz from peg 94. Gary caught on the pole at thirteen metres using single dead red maggot over GB laced with a few casters and dead maggot.
 
Full Result:
 
  1. Gary O’Shea 23-02-0 peg 94
  2. Lee Werret 20-0-0 peg 59
  3. An-Ton Page 15-08-0 peg 118
  4. Mark Brennan 14-09-0 peg 119
  5. Richard Ahearn 13-02-0 peg 111
  6. Craig Edmonds 13-0-0 peg 102
 
Weigh Sheets:
 
 
 
 

No comments: