Monday 2 September 2013

Sunday 01/09/2013 - Avon Angling Float Only League - Final Round - Viaduct - Campbell and Carey

Bela and I decided to stop for breakfast at Canards’ Well Hotel and at £4.25 each it was excellent value and quality.
 
I was standing in the league for matey Glenn Bailey who was fishing the first match of the Commercial House League on the Crane, Swineford and JW’s. Apparently he had a nightmare of a match drawing a swim 18 foot deep protected by a Parrot cage and a herd of Cows! But Glenn bagged up weighing 4lb!
 
I was hoping for a peg on Carey as I feel that at present I can catch 30lb of Silvers from most pegs. Alas not. Drawing today can be likened to the old adage “you wait ages for a peg and then two comes along at once”! For the second consecutive match on Campbell I drew peg 121. As I said previously it’s a good peg and one you would always settle for.
 
As it happened I fished it almost identically to the previous match even though I applied some previously learning. Because of the enormous amount of Ronnie’s in the margin I thought I would feed the RH margin with some of their favourite foods – Casters and Micro to try and keep them out of the LH margin where I took on board advice of the Gimp and fed meat for the bigger Silvers. Alas neither of the plans worked with my meat, worm and paste bait being obliterated by the blighters. It was the paste at 6 metres where I caught three small Skimmers and 15 Carp, for a total of 110lb 5oz for last but one in the section. Luckily for me Glenn was well out of the league running.
 
With hindsight I should have fished for the Ronnie’s as I think I would have picked up second in Silvers and wouldn’t have been pestered by Carp! Next time I think, if there is one as it has taken 13 years to draw this peg.

The match was won by Shaun Townsend (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 228lb 14oz from peg 111. Shaun fished two lines one at 13 ½ metres with hard banded pellet feeding about 4 pints and the other at 5 metres using 10mm  meat fished over 8mm. All feed was loose fed. Shaun kept the Carp coming by switching between the two lines. There appears to be a lot of Carp around these pegs at the moment which left me wondering if they are staying close to the aerator due to the general reduction of oxygen in the counties still waters.

 
The Silvers was won by “Two Fords” Etheridge with 44lb 11oz of Skimmers from Carey peg 86. Gary caught on soft 4mm pellet fished over hard 4’s fished at 11.5 metres. Nice days fishing.
 
Full Result:
 
  1. Shaun Townsend 228-14-0 peg 111
  2. Tom Thick 196-05-0 peg 112
  3. Mash 180-06-0 peg 105
  4. Mike West 172-0-0 peg 125
  5. Tony Rixon 164-08-0 peg 95
  6. Scott Puddy 161-03-0 peg 116
 Top Silvers:
 
  1. Gary Etheridge 44-11-0 peg 86
  2. Leon Hubbard 26-03-0 peg 99
  3. Mash 22-13-0 peg 105
 Weigh Sheets:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: