Monday 8 July 2013

Sunday 07/07/2013 - Avon Angling Float Only - Landsend - All Lakes

My long time friend is in the process of strengthening my top sets where they have worn through shipping and fitting with PTFE side pullers (pictured right). I must say he has made a brilliant job of them adding another few years to their life expectancy.
 
The weather has taken a sudden change from autumn to a heat wave with temperatures soaring to 30 degrees. This was call for the Flip Floppers to start tanning themselves. Two Floppers are pictured right a before and after, however, Trigger (the white one) came back the same colour and An-Ton came back darker! Dave Haines has up to now avoided the Silverfox cameras but some how sneaked in today, not sure what he’s doing!
 
Arrived home at 19:30 feeling hot, tired, dehydrated and the hands were playing up, so and after the traditional Pinky Ponk and the Sunday roast it was off to bed.
 
I am not fishing the league but standing in where possible and "today Matthew" I was John Thomas Thompson also known as Torque Turkey. I am told by his mates mate that he always draws a flyer. I can now tell you he doesn’t. In to the draw bag and out comes peg 3 on Match Lake. This meant I would be in the sun all day – bugger. Never mind I was told it was a good Silvers peg (the peg is generally one to avoid in the winter). Umm, arriving at the peg I was welcomed by mugger’s paradise (pictured right). Never mind I was sure Paul Elmes on peg 1 and Tom Thick on peg 24 would soon be thrashing around after them and they even tried a number of times up the end bank trees which I thought was a tad optimistic. On the other side of me I had “Two Fords” Etheridge on peg 5.
 
I decided to set up the 4x14 Jolly for the Silvers at 5 metres at 10 o clock, a paste rig to fish ay 9 metres at 12 o clock and a margin paste rig that would fit three swims – down to peg 2 pallet half way along on the Left and just on the top set to the Right (which meant looking at Gary).
 
Mike Duckett came along and said they had been catching the Silvers on CW&C, bugger I had left my worms on the garage floor, no doubt cooking by now. So with this on mind I decided to keep my options open re Silvers and Carp so I decided on fishing 6mm meat over kindered combo of caster/micro and one piece of meat in the 5 metre line. I was expecting to foul hook Carp straight away by I had a proper bite and landed a 5lb Orange Carp. Next put in I had another Carp but only a squeaker of 2lb. I was topping up after every fish with the same combo. Having cleared the two marauding Carp I had a run of Silvers three Bream, one F1, one Tench and a few Ronnie’s and Perch. The swim then died so I changed the feed combo with emphasis on the meat expecting more Carp, but all I could then catch was Ronnie’s.  So it was out on the paste at 9 metres with kindered hard 4’s. This produced a few liners but bugger all else. So in to the short LH margin again with paste and although I fancied it for some munter Carp because there is an old tree stump under the water. Once again nought. There were plenty of big Carp in the tree peg 2, so I switched down to the platform by adding an inch or two to the rig and I had a run of three Carp to 8 lb. Although it’s only 11.5 metres down to the pallet I was finding it hard on my hands. So having tried the meat again where the Ronnie’s were waiting. So I had a rest and went into the RH margin resting the top set on the rushes. I did manage another two decent Carp losing a fouler.
 
My Silvers weighed 15lb 2oz and my Carp six Carp 51lb 15oz for a total of 67lb 1oz. This left me short of  a section win but did get Turkey a section second.
 
The match was won by Dean Malin (pictured right) with 206lb 10oz from peg 31. Dean initially caught over with banded pellet and later on meat down the LH margin up to the pallet on peg 30.
 
The Silvers was won by Martin Lenaghan (pictured right) with 30lb from peg 36. Martin caught at 13 metres using banded 6mm pellet over kindered hard 4’s, which accounted for a good run of F1’s before switching down the edge with meat.
 
Full Result:
 
1.      Dean Malin 206-10-0 peg 31
2.      Steve Segar 142-12-0 peg 29
3.      Kevin Moulton 98-08-0 peg 27
4.      Andy Lloyd 94-07-0 peg 21
5.      Shaun Townsend 93-15-0 peg 61
6.      Neil Mercer 92-02-0 peg 16
 
Top Silvers:
 
1.      Martin Lenaghan 30-0-0 peg 36
2.      Dave Evans 29-12-0 peg 34
 
Weigh Sheets Follow:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: