Sunday 12 May 2013

Sunday 12/05/2013 - KP Pole Only Series - Acorn - Paddocks and Canal

First trip in Bela’s new van, when Bela bought it last week, it was 1400cc and then went to 1300cc and today Bela discovered its 1250cc, by this time next week it will be a tandem!
 
It was man against food again at Shipham. Bela ate three times as me in half the time – bring it on Adam.
 
In C section today – cyanide straight – or can be. I was hoping for a peg at either end or close to these pegs. I wasn’t to be as peg 18 stuck to my hand which is a close to the middle as you can get. For company I had fellow Coffin Dodger Dave Poole on peg 19 and fellow Blogger Joe McMahon on peg 16. At least the weather kept Martin Dad in his car most of the day. For the fourth match running I had the bloody wind in my face – I hate the wind, plus the temperature had fallen such that I was back to my winter clothes.
 
I set up two paste rigs – one 0.4 gram for the down wind RH margin and one for the bottom of the near shelf. I started in the margin with paste over hard 4’s and had six quick Carp before it went quiet. So I tries the paste rig at 4.5 metres again over hard 4’s and hook a carp straight away, unfortunately due to some bad angling - rushing  - the hook pulled. I didn’t have another bite over this line. So it was back in the margin only to find it was still quiet. As the wind was more or less direct at me I reluctantly decided to set up the 13 metre pole to use with the margin paste rig. I landed another six Carp, a small Tench and a Skimmer before I started to fatigue. So far I had pulled out of five Carp – all I can think of is that the fish weren’t taking the paste properly. Back in to the margin and I add another few Carp taking the total to 17 Carp. With ten minutes left I hook another Carp only for me to lose it trying to rush it out in time for another put in – and I didn’t have another bite – lesson to learnt here me thinks.
 
My 17 Carp weighed 65lb 10oz and when adding my two silvers it took my weight to 67lb 2oz for a section win and seventh overall.
 
The match was won by Tony Rixon (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 111lb 14oz from peg 40. Tony caught …see his blog.
 
The Silvers was won by Russ Peck with 25lb 12oz from Canal peg 5. Russ caught Skimmers on expander pellet fished over micro pellet.
 
Full Result:
 
1.      Tony Rixon 111-14-0 peg 40
2.      Tom Thick 108-0-0 peg 30
3.      Andy France 82-12-0 peg 34
4.      Lewis Jones 80-07-0 peg 36
5.      Glen Bailey 68-11-0 peg 38
6.      Brian Slipper 68-11-0 peg Canal 4
7.      Mike Nicholls 67-02-0 peg 18
 
Top Silvers:
 
1.      Russ Peck 25-12-0 peg Canal 5
2.      Chris Fox 25-08-0 peg Canal 1
3.      Mark Broomsgrove 21-04-0 peg 6
 
Weigh Boards Follow:
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
   

No comments: