Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday 03/03/2013 - Viadcut Teams of Five Winter League - All Lakes

I see this week that they have conducted a survey on alcohol consumption and can’t account for 50% of the alcohol produced against that consumed, leaving the experts baffled. The answer is simple make sure Bela is included in the survey next time!
 
So was our run of team crap draws going to continue – it couldn’t get worse – could it? Yes it could. Is this the worse draw possible in the series – I don’t know now, but it must be getting close. Beginning to think our earlier draws weren’t so bad after all. The draw was:
 
Me peg 110
Bela peg 102
Tom peg 76
Steve peg 6
Jamie peg 37
 
I was given peg 110 which the Dude had blanked off last match. So it wasn’t looking good as the peg was frozen over. Luckily the Dude had made a new ice breaker and tried it on my swim on his way to peg 81 and another blank! He cleared it further than I could fish! Some anglers were initially tapping the ice with their cup sets until a breaker become available. Ron Hardiman was one of these annoying tappers - pictured right.
 
I set up two rigs a 4x12 to be fished down to the tree stump with the optimistic outlook of catching a couple of 3lb Perch! This didn’t happen, even though I fished CW&C and a variety of other baits.
 
I set up the 4x14 jolly to be fished at 11.5 metres for the Silvers (I didn’t expect ant Caro whatsoever). After wasting six worms and a few casters by feeding them down to the stump, I fed a small ball of GB with some Pinkie. It took two hours and a walk before I caught my first Ronnie. So after saving the blank and with the ice moving out I set up the waggler to be fished down to my left towards the middle unoccupied pallet. With double dead red fished over a few loose fed casters I had one bite which I think was a Ronnie. Next cast I hooked a Mallard which thought it was a Tench diving in to the brambles breaking my float. I spent the rest of the match sulking adding another 19 Ronnie’s for a total of 1lb 14oz. At least I wasn’t last in the Section gaining a mere 4 points.
 
Team wise:
 
Me 1lb 14oz - 4 points
Bela 13lb 6oz – 13 points (section pick up)
Tom 15lb – 9 points
Steve 2lb – 4 points
Jamie 22lb 12oz – 12 points
 
The match was won by Mark Broomsgrove (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 92lb 12oz from peg 116. Mark as able to fish the waggler from the off catching Carp on maggot over loose fed caster. Later because of the wind was forced on the lead but the fishing slowed.
 
The Silvers was won by Tony Rixon from peg 102 with 37lb 14oz. Tony caught on….see his blog.
 

Full Result:
 
1.      Mark Broomsgrove 92-12-0 peg 116
2.      Simon Jones 71-15-0 peg 125
3.      Andy Power 69-0-0 peg 86
4.      Vince Brown 67-11-0 peg 16
5.      John Buckingham 61-06-0 peg 66
6.      Dave Roper 51-09-0 peg 90
 
Top Silvers:
 
1.      Tony Rixon 37-14-0 peg 102
2.      Anton Page 32-01-0 peg 18
3.      Rob Jones 30-03-0 peg 77
 
The full section results follow:
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

The Last Gasp Gardener said...

silverfox, I enjoy your blog keep it up

The Last Gasp Gardener said...

enjoy your blog,fish viaduct a couple of times a year so its good to know how its fishing. I also follow th fortunes of Browning Andover