Sunday 14 October 2012

Saturday 14/10/2012 - Viaduct All Winners Final - Campbell, Carey and Lodge Lakes

Bela arrived early keen to get his hands on the £1,000 first prize, as was everyone else.
 
It was strange preparing for this match as there wasn’t any Silvers pool, although they would count to the overall weight. So I settled on just two hook baits – paste and 6mm meat – simple. I decided to take my lead and waggler rods – just in case!!
 
Standing in the draw queue I found myself next to Tim Pallant, we discussed which pegs we wanted. I said I didn’t mind which peg, so long as it wasn’t either peg 130 or 131. Tim said I would regret saying that, and I did, pulling peg 131, no £1,000 pay day for me and I didn’t fancy the peg for any section money either. Tim pulled 110. Bela didn’t fair any better he was on peg 68 on Lodge Lake – he’s a Jinx and off to the Stafford Moor autumn festival next week.
 
I set up two rigs a 0.4 gram paste rig to be fished at 11.5 metres at 2 o clock and a 4x14 Jolly to be fished at 7 metres out in front.
 
I set up the waggler and lead rod and put them back in the rod bag!!
 
I must say the Lake looked wintery so decided to initially take it steady with the feed so out went the paste with a few hard fours. As scripted for this peg I was first to hook and a land a Carp. I soon had another, it then all went quiet. No one below the spit was catching including favoured peg 132. Within the first hour the anglers each side of me had tried all sorts to catch, however I stayed with the paste landing another two Carp. It was of note that I wasn’t getting any nibbling from Silver fish whilst on the paste. With two hours to go I switched to the meat at 7 metres to see if could just get bites. I was getting indications catching the odd tiny Skimmers. With an hour to go the anglers each side of me had had enough and packed up early. I decided to fish a lighter 4x12 Jolly set to fish on the drop with the meat. This resulted in a few more Skimmers and three decent Carp but the float was going through with the wind not helping presentation.
 
My few Skimmers went 6lb 3oz and my seven carp 46lb 2oz for a total of 52lb 5oz. No coin today, that said I did enjoy working hard to get a few bites and considering that all the Carp have abandoned this end of the Lake favouring the middle pegs I was pleased with my weight from this peg. I think Steve will be putting my name plaque on pegs 130 and 131. I seem to get one good draw then back to these two pegs.
 
The match and the £1,000 cheque went to Fishery Manager Paul Greenwood (pictuted lower centre with 40lb of his catch) with 18 Carp for 188lb 7oz from peg 105 on Carey Lake. Paul caught fishing in his LH margin down to peg 106 fishing 8mm meat over meat. Paul fed about two tins throughout. Paul also picked up his section money worth £80, because anglers threw back section default winning catches!!
 
Full Result:
 
1.      Paul Greenwood 188-07-0 peg 105
2.      Nick Merry 171-07-0 peg 100
3.      Roy 164-08-0 peg 114
4.      Dan White 152-02-0 peg 78
5.      Dave Cockayne 151-00-0 peg 127
6.      Ash 139-11-0 peg 126

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Top angling nice to see the lead not win the match,more float only matches please