Thursday 2 June 2011

Thursday 02/06/2011 - Viaduct Cost Cutter - Campbell and Carey

I now understand why the country is in such financial difficulties. It’s because all the workers are skiving off on a Thursday and going to the Viaduct cost cutter. Another excellent turn out today, far more than most fisheries get on a Wednesday and some Sunday’s!

In to the draw bag and out comes peg 86. I wasn’t that happy with the draw as it was a bright day with the little amount of wind off my right shoulder blowing in the diagonal bank, so my swim was flat calm. I was undecided whether or not to fish the GB feeder from front to back. I did set it up and decided to fish the 6mm meat and mess around with paste long and short in the LH margin for the first hour and if it didn’t work out sit out the feeder for Skimmers. As it happened I messed around for the whole six hours and not once picking up the GB feeder.

The meat feed through the kinder pot produced one 8lb 10oz Carp first put in followed by two lost foul hookers. I then had a run of small Skimmers, but it wasn’t long before the Ronnie’s moved in. I tried the paste long again feeding hard 4’s through the kinder pot, this produced nothing. In to the margin and I did have a couple of Skimmers and a Perch on the paste, all the time being Ronnied out. As the Ronnie’s were having a peck on all the baits I tried I jumped up and set up a Ronnie rig with caster over caster at 4 metres and caught Ronnie’s steady throughout the last two hours. I knew I wasn’t going to pick up in the Silvers as the diagonal bank was catching Skimmers regularly with the ripple helping their cause. My Silvers weighed in at 26lb 2oz for eighth in the Silver. My total weight was 34-12-0 for nowhere overall. Nonetheless it was very enjoyable catching 26lb of Silvers.

The match was won by Ryan Jordan (pictured right with the Silvers winner) with 148lb 4oz from peg 132. Ryan caught on pellet down to the end bank. Ryan was also caught - with over the 70lb baggage allowance.

I was hoping and expecting John Green to take the overall Silvers giving me a chance on the two lake Silvers positions. However, believe it or not his 64lb fell short. With the Skimmers having a real go today.The Silvers was won by Dave Wride from peg 130 with 70lb exactly – well not exactly, Dave was another angler over the baggage allowance. Dave caught down his RH margin towards the margin tree catching on mainly corn feeding corn, pellet, GB and anything else in his bait bag – it appears than Dave chucked everything at them. Well done Davey a great weight on the day especially beating form Silvers peg 123.

Full Result:

1. Ryan Jordan 148-04-0 peg 132
2. Roland 146-09-0 peg 127
3. Andy Power 140-10-0 peg 105
4. Terry Bruton 124-02-0 peg 110
5. John Page 120-03-0 peg 131
6. P Homewood 114-04-0 peg 113

Top Silvers:

1. Dave Wride 70-0-0 peg 130
2. Kev Newman 67-13-0 peg 123
3. John Green 64-0-0 peg 96

No comments: