Wednesday 11 August 2010

Wednesday 11/08/2010 - Carps AC - Cider Farm - Dabinett Lake

I wasn’t sure which Lake we would be on, but it wasn’t important, however, I was fancying another crack at Dabinett for the Silvers as last time I was on peg 28 where I found laying in waiting were loads of Carp. So I was please that Dabinett was chosen again for today’s match. As everyone was shying away from the draw bag, I dived in first and pulled peg 7. Darn another Carp flyer. In any case I had my Silvers plan in place. I set up two Ronnie rigs one for at full depth just down the inside shelf at 3 metres and the other for up in the water, set to 2 foot. Bearing in mind that we had a lot of cold water go in the Lake yesterday and just in case the Silvers weren’t having it I set up two paste rigs one for the LH margin and the other also for down the inside shelf at 3 metres.

Whilst plumbing up in the LH margin I thought Carp were attacking the plummet – not a good sign. On the whistle I fed a 125ml of maggots with a dash of wetted micro at 3 metres. However, I decided to check if in fact the Carp did attack the Plummet, so on with the paste and in five put-ins I had five Carp pulling out of one. Enough of this nonsense, out on the maggot on the bottom only to find plenty of Carp activity over the maggot, so got the shallow rig out and had a good two hours catching Rudd, Hybrids and Skimmers over loose fed maggot, occasionally topping up the 3 metre line with the pot, containing maggot and micro. Back on the bottom rig and I had a run of decent Hybrids and Skimmers. However, if I over did it with the maggot whether potted or loose fed the Carp would disrupt the Silvers, occasionally a Carp would take the double red maggot hook bait. Once the Carp had moved off I would have a run of Silvers until I was forced to top up. This was how my match went. It can be bloody difficult catching Silvers under these conditions. My twelve Carp weighed 42lb and my Silvers went 26lb 14oz (pictured right – courtesy of Mark Gibson) for a total of 69lb 14oz for first in the Silvers. A new Silvers Lake record – where’s my bottle of pop Mark!!

The match was won by Chris Davis with 157lb 3oz from peg 28. Chris caught over to the far bare bank using banded pellet over loose fed pellet. You need to invest some of your winnings in another keep net matey, it will save you loosing time walking round to borrowing one.

Full Result:

1. Chris Davis 157-03-0 peg 28
2. Pete Sivell 142-09-0 peg12
3. John Thompson 123-10-0 peg 21
4. Paul Lock 93-04-0 peg 20
5. Colin Golding 86-10-0 peg 1
6. Steve Dawson 83-04-0 peg 6

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 26-14-0 peg 7
2. Steve Dawson 20-11-0 peg 6
3. Andy Gard 18-09-0 peg 16

No comments: