Sunday 9 May 2010

Sunday 09/05/2010 - Kev Perry Series - Bullocks Farm - Round Four

Every Sunday after a hard day’s fishing the Special One always and without fail has a roast beef dinner waiting for me. Today I counted up the vegetables and including the roast potatoes there were nine (eat your heart out Kenny Logan). As usual the dinner was absolutely wonderful, as is the Special One.

I was lifting some furniture yesterday and come Sunday morning my back was in agony. I spent most of the match sat on one cheek to mimimise the pain.

Why is it that when you are weighed in on metric scales (Kilogrammes) that you only seem to have half of what you think you caught!! Perhaps it’s because 1 Kg is equal to 2.204 lb.

Back on the Match Lake – thank God as Rushcombe fish absolutely crap today with quality anglers like Dave Roper catching three small fish and DNW’ing. I drew peg 18 and was a little disappointed as both 19 and 17 were pegged. So, not as much room as most pegs. I set up a paste rig for the RH margin (on good advice from Nick Collins). My usual Silver rig a 4x12 Jolly for the Crucians with use with 3mm expander over the wetted micro pellet at 10 metres, plus the Ronnie rig to use with caster in the LH margin (on advice from Bob Gullick). I started kinder cupping in a bit of micro and caught steady for about 2 hours – Crucians, three small Tench and the odd Skimmer. The Crucian's died off and I started to get the odd 4oz Skimmers. I had been feeding the margins and had a look in the RH with paste and had one small Carp (this was my Carp banker swim). I then tried the caster in the LH margin and didn’t have a bite – so this swim was dumped. On hind sight I then made the wrong decision to fish paste over my Silvers line for Carp, feeding wetted 4mm pellet with my paste. Although I caught another three Crucians, the Carp appeared to be not feeding – or weren't present. I opened up another paste line towards the reed bed and did catch a couple of small Carp. I did try and resurrect the Silvers swims but to no avail – why o why didn’t I stay catching the Silvers as I was one out of the Silvers pool by just 2lb. My Carp weighed in 3.85 Kg (8lb 8zoz) and my Silvers went 11.150 Kg (25lb 9oz) for a total of 15 Kg (33lb 1oz) for 2 section points and fifth in the Silvers.

The match and the Silvers was won by Dave Wride (pictured right – caught him smiling - perhaps - with some of his Carp catch) from peg 24 with 82lb 7oz overall and a great net of Silvers of 44lb 15oz. Dave caught most of the Silvers out in front at 11.5 metres and the Carp from the numerous options his swim presented to him.

As explained Nick Collins (pictured right with half his net of Crucians) came fourth in the Silvers pushing me to one out of the money. Interestingly, Nick caught all his Silvers on single caster over caster from peg 15 fishing at 7 metres. Well done matey. Apparently Nick tells me he has lost two stone since Christmas, through power walking up to twenty miles a week - those legs must be whirling!

Full Result:

1. Dave Wride 37.400 Kg peg 24 (82lb 7oz)
2. Andy Hockin 29.450 Kg peg 12
3. Bob Gullick 24-550 Kg peg 17
4. Tony Goodland 21.750 peg 22
5. Tom Thick 19.800 peg 21
6. Shaun Kitteridge 18.350 Peg 27 (I have only 20lb – on my Mums life”)

Top Silvers:

1. Dave Wride 20.400 Kg peg 24 (44lb 15oz)
2. Shaun Kitteridge 14.300 Kg peg 27
3. Tom Thick 13.600 Kg peg 21
4. Nick Collins 12.350 Kg peg 15
5. Mike Nicholls 11.150 Kg peg 18 (24lb 9oz)

1 comment:

tony rixon,s days out said...

peg 18 eh. if you had taken more than 10 mtrs out of the bag and gone to 16 you may have picked up a few more and moved up the table lol