Sunday 11 April 2010

Sunday 11/04/2010 - Kev Perry Series - Bullocks Farm - Round Two

Two prominent Councillors from Peterborough wrote to the three leaders of the three main parties outlining the sever issues they have in this town with immigrants. Apparently as of yesterday none of the leaders have replied. All we are getting from this band of incompetents is “National Insurance job losses” and “£3 per week incentive if you are married”. The full story can be found on:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1264966/Migrant-citys-help-Anguished-letter-Brown-Cameron-reveals-devastating-toll-immigration.html

The Councillors should have included the Politician (Nick Collins mate) in the picture on the right. He would have replied and most importantly with the correct answer.

I missed the first round of the KP (Kev Perry) League due to ambitions of picking up £200 in the final round of the Landsend League – however, unlike the Landsend league you can drop one result in the KP league – which I have already done! After breakfast (good job I like beans) I had a little walk round the Match Lake as it was my turn to fish it. The wind direction is very important this time of year, which was blowing from peg 8 to peg 19. I think this was a North Westerly, it was a cold one. Pre-draw my choice was peg 19 as there seemed to be plenty of indications that the fish were in the margin by the Aerator. Walking past peg 17 I could still see the Carp in the distant weed bed – when will they come out?

I drew peg 8. A reasonable draw I thought. Although it was becalmed I was hoping some of the resident carp would still be their. I had Lancer Tucker to my left on peg 9 and Nick Collins on peg 10. As I was tackling up who was to appear but Phil the fishery owner (pictured right chatting to Lance complete with waste bin and tweezers). What I couldn’t understand was how Phil managed to get to peg 9 without picking up a single item! Knowing that corner peg 7 isn’t usually pegged I was expecting to catch a few Carp down that way, however, I was forced to go shorter because of a pleasure angler who persisted in walking up to peg 7 and watching me. I set up a 0.3 Paste float for this margin at 5 metres. I also set up a 4x12 Jolly for over to the “Clump”. In addition I set up a Ronnie rig for the LH margin down the shelf to fish over loose fed caster. After feeding the RH margin with a few wetted 4mm pellets I set about the Crucians on the Jolly with 4mm expander over a few wetted micro. I had a really productive first hour catching most of my Silvers in this time. However, I did lose a 2 lb Bream foul hooked. I then had a run of small Carp on this line before it went quite. It didn’t help when two pesky Canadian Geese decided to sit on the “Clump”. I chased them off with my pole cup – I wish I could have done it with a shot gun. I then had a look on the caster line and had one Crucian and one lost 4oz Ronnie. This line wasn’t going to work. I then fed the “Clump” with wetted 4 mm pellet and set about the RH margin. I had a little run of small Carp on paste until I noticed a blow on the “Clump”. Reset the depth on the paste rig and first put in 3lb Carp. For the rest of the match I kept fishing one line until I saw a blow on the other, which kept the Carp coming to the end. I weighed (this is approximate as KP weighs in Kilogram’s) 15lb 4oz of Silvers and 34lb 3oz of Carp for a total weight of 49lb 7oz. This put me second overall and second in my section for a pick up of £80. I was eighth in the Silvers.


My section and the match was won by Glen Calvert (pictured right with the Silvers winner Mark Broomsgrove) from peg 19 (I told you) with 24.58Kg (54lb 3oz). Glen caught mostly Carp out in front to the weed bed and later in to the LH margin. Glen caught all his fish on 4 mm expander over wetted micro.

The Silver was won by Mark Broomsgrove from peg 22 with a credible 14.35 Kg (31lb 10oz). Mark caught short with caster and longer with 4 mm soft pellet.

Full Result:
1. Glen Calvert 24.580 kg peg 19
2. Mike Nicholls 22.400 kg peg 8
3. Nick Collins 22.070 Kg peg 10
4. Mike Owens 18-410 Kg peg 24
5. Paul Faiers 17.550 Kg peg 14
6. Mark Broomsgrove 15.050 peg 22

Top Silvers:

1. Mark Broomsgrove 14.350 Kg peg 22
2. Nick Collins 9.650 Kg Peg 19
3. Mike Owens 8.560 Kg Peg 24

2 comments:

Rod Wootten said...

well done Mike but leave the carp alone next time you know they are mine.Trouble is they are harder to shake off.
LOL

Chris Fox said...

"I think I was fifth in the Silvers (TBC)."

I can indeed confirm, that Match Winner Glen was 5th in the silvers, whilst your good self, was actually 8th.