Tuesday 14 July 2009

Wednesday 15/07/2009 - Carps AC - Bullocks Farm - Match Lake

So I might have inspired yet another blogger, no other than “long term acquaintance” – Tony Rixon. I have attached a link to his blog (go to "my favouite websites"). From what I have seen so far it could prove to be a very interesting blog!! Oh, Tony's trying to improve his carbon foot print by going Green!!

I travelled again with Mark Tanner and it's the first time Mark has arrived early, in fact ten minutes and nearly catching me out!! I insisted that Mark parked his car in my lucky spot. Mark drew peg 22 (one of my favourite pegs) and I drew peg 25. I have never fished this peg before, but have always fancied it. My first impressions were that the fishery seems to be getting very overgrown. I started after the Crucians in open water at 8 metres with the usual 4mm expander over micro pellet. After five minutes I knew the Silvers might not be the option today. However, I persevered for an hour for about 8lb. I took the decision to go after the Carp up against the rushes to my left with paste. You need to be brave or mad to even attempt this (kids don’t try this at home). I soon had two Small Carp in the net – easy then. I then lost the next three, plus two rigs! I soon realised I was no longer fishing against the other competitors, but the Carp themselves. In fact at five to me and six to the Carp it became personal. I tried all sorts to stop then getting in the rushes. We finished the match on eight all – a draw. However, if there was a referee at least four of the Carp would have been red carded because they were foul hooking themselves!! I now need to tie up three more rigs, to replace the ones I lost. I weighed 33lb 4oz for third overall and with enough fish on the hook to easily win the match – Oh, I wish I could start the match again – things would be different – “I’ll be back”! Mark had one 5lb Carp in the margin, but DNW'd.


The match was won by Dave Wride (pictured right – I like this picture as it very natural) from peg 15 with a total weight 46lb 2oz. Dave also won the Silvers with 28lb 15oz of Crucians. Dave fished 4mm expander over micro pellet.

Mate Rich Coles picked up the Silvers by default with 10lb 5oz from peg 17. Rich fished his peg similar to that of winner Dave.

Full Result:

1. Dave Wride 46-02-0 peg 15
2. Pete Sivell 46-0-0 peg 21
3. Mike Nicholls 33-04-0 peg 25
4. Tony Thick 32-09-0 peg 24
5. Tom Thick 31-02-0 peg 29
6. Andy Curry 30-11-0 peg 8

Top Silvers:

1. Dave Wride 28-15-0 peg 15
2. Rich Coles 20-15-0 peg 17
3. Charlie Barnes 19-0-0 peg 6

1 comment:

tony rixon,s days out said...

i.have had that peg and it can be quite torrid. i took the bull by the horns and fished in a small gap in the reeds, very funny. to be honest it worked quite well as i dont think the carp thought it was happening being dragged up and over the top. And wots wrong with green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!