Thursday 2 July 2009

Wednesday 01/07/2009 - Carps AC - Sedges - Tile Lake

The Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs has been refused parole by Justice Secretary Jack Straw. Straw rejected a recommendation by the Parole Board which backed the release of Biggs, now 79. Ronnie’s son Mike said today: “Dad is no threat to society whatsoever", adding "he cannot walk, he cannot talk, and he cannot eat and drink. If he was released the worse Dad could do is use his bus pass before nine”. Come on Jack is this man really a menace to our society? We have Bankers walking away in to the sunset with huge wealth from near ruination of our banking system and Country and nothing is done about it. Then there are MP’s….!

I travelled down with Marks Tanner as he had the day off work. It’s good to see him getting back in to fishing again. However, he scared the living day lights out of me when his trolley tyre exploded due over inflation and the heat. My back felt a lot better, but I was still taking it easy – I am find it difficult twisting whilst sitting on my box, so long pole out of the question for now.

Well I wish there were some Ronnie’s about today! The best way to describe my match was “RUDDY HELL”. I drew peg 27, a reasonable Silvers peg. I had the “Legend” Colin (Mr Pastry) Golding on next peg 28. Before the start Colin explained to me how he had sorted his tackle (see video bottom left). I decided to start at 7 metres for the Skimmers and feed Caster in to the margins for later. First put in I had a 12 oz Skimmer, quickly followed by a 12oz Carp. Then I was engulfed by a vast plague of ½ - 1oz “RUDD”. I couldn't ship out the expander hook bait, it never got further that 2mm in to the water, before a Rudd had it off. OK then, let’s fish for them. On to the caster and 3.5 metre whip, amazing, I didn’t even have to strike, after one second I had a tiny Rudd. After an hour of this I went in to the margin to find more of the same. With ¾ of an hour left and with the temperature soaring in to the thirties, hot as “HELL” and a flat calm lake I decided that I couldn’t face another Rudd. So out came a tin of corn and in to the margins. The Critters still had a go at the corn, but couldn’t take it off the hook. I had a run of seven Carp in quick succession until it died all together – except of course the for the Rudd. Lets all hope they grow quickly. Apparently Darren Gillman likes catching these! I weighed 17lb of Silvers (Tony Rixon described them as “Whitebait”) and 20lb 10oz of Carp for a total weight of 37lb 10oz. This put me seventh in the match and second in the Silvers and by default I picked up £30 first in the Silvers pools.

The match was won by Chris Davis with 88lb 2oz from peg 35. Chris caught shallow on the banded pellet at 13 metres. Chris (pictured right with his net of Skimmers) weight comprised of 57lb 9oz of Carp and 30lb 9oz of Skimmers. It’s the biggest bag of Skimmers I have seen off Tile Lake and all caught shallow!!

Full Result:

1. Chris Davis 88-02-0 peg 35
2. Tom Magnell 73-15-0 peg 23
3. John Thompson 55-13-0 peg 36
4. Jess Jordan 48-03-0 peg 34
5. John Bennett 39-03-0 peg 24
6. Mark Tanner 38-15-0 peg 30

Top Silvers:

1. Chris Davis 30-09-0 peg 35
2. Mike Nicholls 17-0-0 peg 27

No comments: