Thursday 21 May 2009

Thursday 21/05/2009 - Bathampton Over 55's - Hunstrete - Withy Pool

The MP’s expenses are a drop in the ocean compared with the banking crisis that they resided over. Is it any wonder that this Government lead us in to the abyss with excuses like “I’m not good at accounting”, “I didn’t have time to check it”, “I just passed it to the girl in the office for her to sort out”, “I made a mistake” “blah”, blah”, “blah”. In any case I am sure the Fred Goodwin would gladly pay all the “extra over” claims back for the MP’s for all his bad press to disappear!!

This week we were on Withy Pool. I drew peg 49. I consider this to be at best average – so why was I on this peg!! As with the last match on Withy it generally fished awful, especially for the Silvers. I ended the match with six different caster rigs in my attempt to catch the Ronnie’s. Alas to no avail. I did lose three carp on the caster, but with 0.1 mm bottom, no chance. I ended the match with 7lb 8oz of Hybrids, perch and Ronnie’s for second in the Silvers and a pick up of £25.

I hear that Bathampton are netting Skimmers from Newton Park and giving them away – I suggest Withy Pool could do with some of these fish; if not all of them.

The match was won by Mike Smith with 66lb (pictured right with his best Carp weighing in at 14lb) from peg 53, behind the far island. Mike caught on paste at 14.5 metres to the far bank.

The Silvers was by Terry Bruton with 9lb 7oz from peg 66. Terry caught on worm over micro pellet with a bit of ground bait. Well done Tel, I will be expecting a phone call. Andy Lloyd is telling you too much!

Full Result:
1. Mike Smith 66-0-0 peg 53
2. Mike Jones 33-04-0 peg 67
3. Pete “The Real” Phillips 22-07-0 peg 55
4. Bob “The Bread” Price 21-15-0 peg 47
5. John Bennett 20-13-0 peg 61
6. Bob Warren 14-10-0 peg 59

Top Silvers:

1. Terry Bruton 9-07-0 peg 66
2. Mike Nicholls 7-08-0 peg 49

No comments: