Monday 9 March 2009

Monday 09/03/2009 - Bob the Bread's Rover Match - Bitterwell Lake

I’m rubbish when it comes to “Rover” matches. Even though I drew position three I chose to fish with the gusting wind blowing from my left to right on peg 9. For the better presentation for the Silvers fishing I should have chosen the road bank, with the wind off my back. However, I did get the swim right for the Carps winner!

I set up one rig and started on the 3 mm pellet. This resulted in three Skimmers. However, I managed to bump a few off so changed down to a three elastic. But this wasn’t the answer as I still kept loosing the odd Skimmer. I now put it down to the gusting wind. I changed to caster and maggot and had a run of Skimmers, until my neighbouring angler hooked a frisky common which went through my swim. I struggled for the rest of the match. I did have a run of four decent Skimmers – one after the other – all pulled out! I weighed 9lb 11oz which put me second in the silvers and a pick up of £20.


The match was won by Martin Lenaghan (pictured right) with 39lb 8oz from peg 8. The peg I suggested he fish for Carp. Martin caught on the usual hair rigged treble bread, with 2 ½ foot leader.

The Silvers was won by Bill Ferris on the road bank peg 5. Bill weighed 12lb 4oz fishing double Pinkie on the hook at 10 metres.

Full result:

1. Martin Lenaghan 39-08-0 peg 8

2. Bob “The Bread” Price 35-04-0 peg 12
3. Mervyn Skuse 19-02-0 peg 10

Top Silvers:

1. Bill Ferris 12-04-0 peg 6

2. Mike Nicholls 9-11-0 peg 9

No comments: