Monday 29 December 2008

Monday 29/12/2008 - Bathampton Open - Huntstrete - Bridge Pool

Well the Wallace and Grommet 30 minute film got the highest viewing figures over the Christmas (14 million - I think). Goes to show what a load of rubbish both the BBC and ITV put out - at least the WandG film was made in Bristol. It's a good job I got a hobby!

I drew peg 30 today - very pleased with this as six days ago, I pleasured fished peg 31, and had 28 lb of carp and 20 lb of Skimmers on the corn. So set up the one rig then! I hooked four Carp losing one through the hook straightening. The three landed weighed 18lb dead. In the last 40 minutes I switched to single maggot and had two Skimmers and four Ronnies for 2lb 4oz and and total weight of 20lb 4oz. This put me third overall. In hindsight I should have fish maggot throughout I am sure I would have won the Silvers which needed only 4lb!!!

Although there wasn't an overnight frost, this was the coldest I have been all year. The wind was bitterly cold.

Bob "The Bread" Price (pictured top right with his biggest fish on the day - a 13lb Mirror carp) won the match with an all Carp catch of 65lb 4oz from peg 29. Bob fished his usual straight lead in to both open water and up to the island. Bob fished hair-rigged double pieces of small luncheon meat (quarter of an inch square). Bob fed the Seagulls (which are becoming a nuisance with their aggressive squawking) pellet over his luncheon meat!!

The Silvers was won by Matthew James with 4lb (which included a out of season Tench) from peg 26.

Full Result:

1. Bob "The Bread" Price 65-04-0 peg 29
2. Terry Bruton 38-06-0 peg 17
3. Mike Nicholls 20-04-0 peg 30
4. John Darby 16-14-0 peg 31
5. Kevin Collins 12-10-0 peg 15
6. Bob Warren 12-0-0 peg 18

Top Silvers:

1. Matthew James - 4-0-0 peg 26
2. Kevin Collins 3-4-0 peg 15

No comments: