Thursday 6 November 2008

Thursdays 06/11/08 Bathampton AA Over 55's and Disabled - Withy Pool

This match was moved from Bridge Pool to Withy Pool, due to Bathampton AA treating Bridge Pool (see thier website for further details) for the Algae bloom that has appeared over resent years. Again, the forward thinking Bathampton Committee, taking the right actions. Can't wait to fish Bridge Pool again on the 27/11/08 (note there is another "Coffin Doggers" on 20/11/08 on Withy Pool). I understand that they have also treated Newton Park, with further plans for the main lake at Huntstrete.

The weather was cloudy - as usual, with little, to no wind, but very mild. The first draw put me on peg forty something! After a redraw! John Wild drew peg 47 out for me. A peg I would have chosen. Tony Rixon commented that this time of year calls for a lighter approach and I might like to consider fishing the "pull-a-bung", so I bought one and set it up with black "JRANGE Lastic" (only £9 and is very similar to the black hydro - but without the liquid).
Second put in on caster I hooked a carp and after trying to pull-a-bung the Carp back from 30 metres it broke me! So the pull-a-bung got bunged!! I have renamed it "pull-a-plunker" What a load of bo****ks.

Quickly back to my usual Middy 16-22 blue elastic. With further bad angling I manage to lose another two big carp. However, I caught some quality Ronald's to 12oz on caster, with a smidgen of small Skimmers using 6mm expander pellet. I weighed 15lb 8oz of Roach/Skimmers for first in the Silvers and fifth overall and a pick up of £20.

The match was won once again by Terry Bruton with an all Carp catch, weighing, 69lb 10oz from peg 44. Terry fished his usual method of waggler with hair rigged pellet a full depth. To attract the carp Terry lightly loose fed hard 8 mm pellet.


Runner up was Bob "The Bread" Price from peg 60 with 50lb 5oz. Bob fished the pole at 10 metres and the straight lead with pellet and you guessed it - bread.

Ian Sheppard (pictured right) Landed 45lb 1oz of quality Carp from peg 67. Ian fished both waggler 7 foot deep with pellet and the pole at 7 metres with maggot over loose fed maggot.

Full Result:

1. Terry Bruton 69-10-0 peg 44
2. Bob "The Bread" Price 50-05-0 peg 60
3. Ian Sheppard 45-01-0 peg 67
4. John Wild 15-11-0 peg 69
5. Mike Nicholls 15-08-0 peg 47
6. Bill Ferris 11-08-0 peg 50

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 15-08-0 peg 47
2. Bill "The Maggot Man" Ferris 11-08-0 peg 50
3. Martin Alexander 5-07-0 peg 41

No comments: