Wednesday 15 October 2008

Wednesday 15/10/2008 Carps AC - Plantation - Main Lake



We were promised rain, which tried to start at the draw, but thankfully it held off all match, until halfway home. I drew peg 1, which I was well pleased with. However, I did have a niggling doubt as, what wind we had, was blowing into pegs 6, 7 & 8 the water was flat calm on my peg. I was expecting to catch Skimmers and some big Crucians (they are big on the venue - averaging 2lb) using maggot over ground bait. I set up two rigs one for Ronnies over caster and the other maggot over the GB. I started over the GB and had two 1oz Ronnies before I had a 1lb 8oz Crucian. I then could not get to the bottom without catching a 1oz Ronnie. Changed to caster on the hook and had two good Ronnies then nothing. I tried a 4mm pellet over the GB and had a 5lb Carp (explains why no bites from the Silvers). I decided to set up the caster whip, which resulted in four Ronnies then the swim died again (bloody Carp). I set up a paste rig to try and sort out the Carp, which I fished over micro pellet. This resulted in three more reasonable Carp and four foul hookers! I got out the pellet waggler from the holdall and gave that a half hearted go, which resulted in one bite. In the last 45 minutes I went back on the caster whip and caught a number of quality Ronald's for a Silvers weight of 10lb 8oz. My four carp weighed 24lb 8oz for a total of 35lb. This gave my fourth in the Silvers and third in the match.

The match was won by team mate Rich Coles (pictured top right - cripes I got to sleep in the same room as him at Stafford Moor) with 68lb 2oz from peg 6. Rich caught his fish on 6mm expander pellet over pellet.

The Silvers was won by Paul Lock (picture inset) with a very good Skimmer catch of 30lb 6oz from peg 5. Paul also caught his fish on 6mm expander pellet.

John "Turkey" Thompson was the only Angler fishing that had not qualified for the Carps Wednesday Silversmania final. His 5lb was just enough to qualify him!!

Full Result:

1. Rich Coles 68-02-0 peg 6
2. Paul Lock 43-01-0 peg 5
3. Mike Nicholls 35-0-0 peg 1
4. Colin Golding 33-15-0 peg 7
5. Roy Short 28-05-0 peg 2
6. John Bennett 18-01-0 peg 8

Top Silvers:

1. Paul Lock 30-06-0 peg 5
2. Rich Coles 13-14-0 peg 6

No comments: