Wednesday 3 September 2008

Wednesday 03/09/2008 Carps AC - Burley Fields

I am now absolutely sure world governments terminology is wrong when they generalise using the term "Global Warming". From the UK perspective it's must be "Global Wetting"! What a day, I feel as if I have been hosed down by the fire brigade and dried out in a wind tunnel. The attendance today was very disappointing especially for such an excellent venue. I have noticed that the Carps Angling Club Wednesday matches has been gradually dwindling through out this year.

I drew peg 1 which I have been second from earlier in the year. I started on the caster, and for fifteen minutes I didn't have a bite! Second match in a row, Roach not responding to caster, um! Started to catch some 1 - 2oz Ronnies, but no quality at all. So out on the Skimmer line and more small Ronnies. Tried the 6mm pellet, still small Ronnies. I decided to fish for them on caster for the rest of the match. Other than getting broke by a carp I weighed 13lb 10oz of Ronnies. We were lucky to weigh in at all, as I was peg 1, I wetted the weigh net, only for the resident Black Swan to nearly snatch it from my hand! Swans are not my favourite bird.

The match was won by Colin Golding (pictured above right - I wonder what the "C" stands for on his hat) from peg 6 with 21lb 40z. Colin caught on his usual method of 6mm expander fished over 6mm expander pellet.

The Silvers was won by Dave Bacon (pictured top right) with 18lb 10oz of Skimmers from peg 5. Dave caught on chopped worm over chopped worm and caster. Dave also qualifies for the Carps AC Wednesday Silversmaina.

Full Result:

1. Colin Golding 21-04-0 peg 6
2. Chris Fox 20-0-0 peg 2
3. Dave Bacon 18-10-0 peg 5
4. Mike Nicholls 13-10-0 peg 1







No comments: