Thursday 4 September 2008

Thursdays 04/09/08 Bathampton AA Over 55's and Disabled - Withy


The wind still gusting and the rain still falling, nonetheless another good turn out. I drew peg 42. Apparently you can reach the island with 13 metres, not true; you are a metre off, Bob Price I want my fiver back! I had not fished this peg before, but it had some previous Silvers form. The caster had not been working for the pass three matches, so it was with caution the I approached the swim. There were signs of Skimmers blowing, so I had a back up. I fed a small amount of 4mm hard pellet on the skimmer line (five metres out it's eight foot). Started on the caster and top set and I knew immediately that the bigger Roach (Ronald's) were feeding. I lightly fed with caster and kept Ronald's to 12oz coming through out, occasionally trying the Skimmer line, which resulted in one 4lb Carp and a number of hybrids to 1lb. When things went quite on the caster I changed to paste which result in two quality Carp. I lost two on the 0.14 G Line caster hook length through breakage. You now need to fish at least 0.18 straight through to land the Withy bigger Carp. My three Carp weighed 20lb 8oz and 21lb 4oz of Roach for a total weight of 41lb 12oz. This gave me fourth overall and first in the Silver and a pick up of £25.

The match was won by Mike Smith with 25 Carp for 126lb from peg 50. Mike fished 6mm expander pellet down the left hand margin fished over 6mm hard pellet. Mike is a new addition to the over 55's and was introduced by friend Harry Muir (pictured bottom right - playing a double figure Carp on Bridge Pool, with John Wild skulking in the background)
Runner up was Ian Sheppard with 61lb 4oz from peg 51.

Full Result
:
1. Mike Smith 126-0-0 peg 50
2. Ian Sheppard 61-04-0 peg 51
3. Bob "The Bread" Price 58-04-0 peg 49
4. Mike Nicholls 41-12-0 peg 42
5. Harry Muir 38-10-0 peg 43
6. Martin Alexander 31-10-0 peg 54

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 21-04-0 peg 42
2. Bill "The Maggot man" Ferris 16-04-0 peg 57

No comments: