Thursday 7 August 2008

Thursdays 07/08/08 Bathampton AA Over 55's and Disabled - Hunstrete Lake

Can someone explain to Colin Golding the difference between pegs "left out" and "not drawn". If you have thirty anglers fishing you put in the best thirty pegs - don't you? You don't put in thirty four pegs and hope the best pegs are drawn - do you? Two new faces arrived and approached Colin Golding stating that "you all look a bit professional for us ", Colin retorted, "yes, best go to Bridge Pool!!! Exasperated me!

It didn't go unnoticed that Chris Snow had a female on tow, was it his Daughter ? or his...?

When match fishing Huntstrete Lake, remember that as yet, no one has weighed in a Carp - so out and out Silvers match.

I drew peg 35, before I go further, I would have expected this peg to be in the draw. It is in a bit of a corner, which is not best for the silvers, but has a some open water. I would not have used pegs 36, 4 and 5, absolutely crap. I was pleased when Bob "the Bread" arrived at peg 36 as he is good company - albeit a crap peg! Before the match I was thinking of feeder approach (I can still smell the Sensas Bream 3000 on my hands now - wonderful) with either double maggot (subject to the Ronnies not feeding - which they weren't - or chopped worm). As it happens I didn't have either in the bait bag So cupped in pellet at 10 metres and Bream 3000 at 5 metres for the Skimmers and started after the Ronnies on the whip with caster, as I half expected they weren't feeding that well - or were being kept away by Pike (a couple of Pike were in evidence). I started to put a few Ronnies together but due to the Pike the fish kept moving out of the peg. I had a spell on 4 and 6 mm GOT pellet and had a run of 4oz Skimmers. At the weigh in I had 14lb 10 oz. This gave me 5th overall and a pick up of £15.
Bob "The Bread" fished for a Tench and caught a five pounder fifteen minuted before the end, hoping to beat Bill "the Maggotman" Ferris for the £1 bet.

The match was won by matey Dave Bacon from peg 32 (pictured top right - Bacon Tackle - Bath - always got scrummy sandwiches). Today Dave got his Mojo working from peg 32 with 30lb 8oz of quality Bream to 5lb. Dave caught on the feeder packed with expander pellet and VDE Mojo ground bait, with Pineapple mini boily on the hook. 

Runner up was Tom Newell (pictured right) from opposite peg 13. Tom also fished the feeder with worm hook bait (my choice).

Full Result:

1. Dave Bacon 30-08-0 peg 32
2. Tom Newell 29-0-0 peg 13
3. Martin Alexander 26-09-0 peg 28
4. Chris Snow 16-03-0 peg 27
5. Mike Nicholls 14-10-0 peg 35
6. John Bradford 14-06-9 peg 10 ("I didn't feed enough")

No comments: