Friday 15 August 2008

Thursday 14/08/2008 Carps AC - Summer Evening Series - Shangri La - Round Six

After the down pours earlier in the day it turned out a nice warm evening (by Shangri-La standards), and surprise, surprise, it was flat calm. I always arrived first to meet John Bennett, who has the gate key. John as usual, had Charlie (pictured top right -King Charles Spaniel) with him. If you fish Carps AC matches and had not heard of Charlie before, you most certainly would had heard him. Charlie is renowned for his deep grunting snore, You can hear him from on any twenty peg venue - even with the wind blowing! Any way another ugly mug for the gallery.

My turn for flyer peg 2. I decided to fish paste all match at 6 metres, fished over 6mm hard pellet. I must say getting the feeding right is very important on this venue. Steve Jefferies was on the other point peg 5 and we had a bit of a battle all night. I thought I had won, but by a smaller margin than I actually did. I won the match with 80lb 2oz which included a near 20lb Mirror (must take a larger landing net next time!) and a pick up of £35. Steve was second with 59lb 4oz, which included three doubles from his right hand margin on treble sweet corn.

Phil Coulam's remains the series leader with an evening third.

Full Result:

1. Mike Nicholls 80-02-0 peg 2
2. Steve Jefferies 59-04-0 peg 5
3. Phil Coulam 27-12-0 peg 6
4. Mark tanner 23-0-0 peg 3
5. John Baker 15-09-0 peg 9 (again)
6. Bob Price 12-0-0 peg 1
7. Bill Ferris 9-13-0 peg 8
8. Bob Feltham 9-10-0 peg 7

No comments: