Wednesday 16 July 2008

Wednesday 16/07/2008 Carps AC - Burley Fields

Time once again for my favourite Roach venue - Burley Fields. Darren Gillman and I walked the pegging and was surprised how the pegs were crammed in at the bottom right corner. We explained this to Colin Golding and as usual he was not in listening mode. I felt sorry for Bob Feltham who draw tight in the corner peg 4. When you pay £18 to fish a match you expect a bit of space, especially when it is available!

I drew peg 3 , which is the same peg as last match but without peg 4 being in. I started on the caster rig and caught steady. Tried now and again for the Skimmers at 10 metres but they weren't having it today - the water was a little clearer than last time. I stayed most on the match on the caster - trying 6mm and 3 mm GOT expander now and again. I did land two Carp and Lost two on the pellet. Darren, who was on peg 4, was convinced (again) that I had won the match - I wasn't sure. I weighed 38lb 8oz of Silver for second in the Silvers by 1lb 10oz and weighed 51lb overall for second in the match by 1lb 9oz! Second and second - no pick up this time! Hindsight is not "wonderful" as some say, another 1lb 11oz would have given me the double win - could have done it easy now!
I was pleased to see Andy Gard (pictured top right with his 17lb 8oz Leather Carp) win the match with 52lb 9oz. Andy caught all his fish on red maggot - including the Carp! Good running commentary Andy - enjoyed it!

My mate Darren Gillman won the Silvers with 40lb 20z, consisting of mainly quality Rudd - What a venue.

Full Result:

1. Andy Gard 52-09-0 peg 5
2. Mike Nicholls 51-0-0 peg 3
3. Darren Gillman 40-02-0 peg 2
4. Colin Golding 39-12-0 peg 7
5. Bob Feltham 35-11-0 peg 4
6. Steve Jefferies 24-04-0 peg 8

Top Silvers:

1. Darren Gillman 40-02-0 peg 3
2. Mike Nicholls 38-08 peg 3
3. Andy Gard 35-03-0 peg 5 (Andy qualifies for the Carps AC Wednesday Silversmaina - Well done)

No comments: