Sunday 27 July 2008

Sunday 27/07/2008 - Carps AC - Summer Individual Series - Round Five - Sedges Fishery

Well everyone dry netted today!! Jamie and Denise Cook the owners of The Sedges Fishery are now providing two keeps nets for Brick Lake and three for Tile, plus landing nets. Excellent quality at that. I am sometimes accused of showing ugly mugs on my blogg - not today though! I have managed to get a picture of the prettiest fishery owner in the South West (picture top right of Denise Cook). The ugly mugs do follow! Denise, always, welcoming with a cup of tea, and that nice smile.

Today the temperatures rose to 30 degrees and was officially the hottest day of the year - so far! I was hoping for any peg on Tile lake or pegs 4,5,6,7,8, 18,17,16,15,14, & 13 on Brick. I drew corner peg 11! I couldn't understand at first how Glenn Bailey drew peg 5 and not peg 11 - I do now the Carp in peg 11 did not show in the RH margin good one Glenn! In terms of the league I needed to focus on Silvers (I am out of it for the overall with a slim chance on the Silvers). Started after the Skimmers as usual. But as everyone knows the corner pegs hold the small Skimmers, if any at all. I caught Skimmers quite quickly from the start to 4oz. In trying to force the bigger Skimmers to feed I didn't "fish out" my feed. Big mistake today especially in the conditions. By half way I had killed the Skimmer line. Not to worry go for the Carp! I had one on the pellet waggler and three tiddlers in the RH margin (plus one 3lb Greeny). I weighed 17lb 5oz of Silvers (not a bad weight from this peg, I thought) and 18lb 8oz of Carp for a total weight of 35lb 13oz. This gave me third Silvers on the lake and first in the silvers section points (I now have 6 penalty points with one dropped result).

The match was a case of Jof and Joss (sounds like seventies band). Jof Rogers (pictured bottom right - no relation to Buck - apparently) won the match for the second time from peg 8 with 124lb 10oz of Carp on the pellet waggler. Joss Garrett (pictured lower right) came second off peg 40 on Tile lake with 120lb 14 oz (I believe his is the match record for Tile lake - well done Josh). Josh caught similarly on pellet waggler to the rope/island.

The top Silvers money went home in the same silver car - Shaun Townsend and Jerry Pocock coming first and second respectively (where was my lucky charm today - Darren Gillman - team fouring it on the Huntspill - that's where - he will grow out of it!).

Incidentally, Andy Neal came third in the Silvers today - must be the practice he got from the Fish-O-Mania, catching those Barbel and Skimmers. You did Wales and the South Wales proud.

Full Result:

1. Jof Rodgers 124-10-0 peg 8
2. Josh Garrett 120-14-0 peg 40
3. Gordon (corner peg) Cannings 91-07-0 peg 10
4. Andy neal 89-02-0 peg 37
5. Roger Young 83-06-0 peg 38
6. Lee Werret 80-13-0 peg 36

Top Silvers:

1. Shaun Townsend 38-12-0 peg 39
2. Jerry Pocock 33-04-0 peg 16
3. Andy Neal 28-04-0 peg 37

No comments: