Wednesday 4 June 2008

Wednesday 04/06/2008 Carps AC - Landsend Fishery - Specimen Lake

I drew peg 40 on Specimen Lake, which is the first right hand corner peg from the car park. Jamie Dyte thought I might had trouble with the Willow casts and the subsequent surface scum it makes. Jamie was right for the second match on the trot I have spent time cleaning my rigs (rod rings) trying to get them to cock properly. I set up four rigs one for the caster and Ronnies, one 4x14 for 4mm pellet, one 4x16 for 4/6mm pellet both at 10 metres and of course one paste rig at 4 metres. I caught Crucians on all four rigs - but it was difficult. I ended up with three more rigs - Paste at 10 metres (did not produce) - 4 metre whip shallow with caster (caught some small Ronnies) and paste rig in to end margin (produced one speared 2oz Ronnie). I kept all the lines going through out and ended with 21lb of Silvers - no Carp, which were conspicuous by their absence. The Skimmers had just finished spawning so were also absent. This gave me second in the Silvers and fourth overall and a pick up of £35.

Before the match John Bennett (pictured top right with his net of Crucians) asked how he might fish the venue. I Suggested that he selected one bait e.g. corn to start and select one line and feed sparingly - I had my suspicions that it was going to be a hard match. I wished I had taken my own advice! John won the Silvers from peg 36 with 26lb 12oz of Crucians and qualified for the Carps AC Silversmania final. John had a total weight of 46lb for second overall.

The match was won by Adrian Bishop from peg 39 with 70lb 8oz. Adrian did it the hard way, fishing 16 metres (which necessitated unshipping three times) to the end of the island with hard pellet over loose fed hard pellet.

Full Result:

1. Adrian Bishop 70-08-0 peg 39
2. John Bennett 46-0-0 peg 36
3. Tom Coulston 23-02-0 peg 29
4. Mike Nicholls 21-0-0 peg 40
5. Ryan Bishop 19-08-0 peg 28
6. Pete Sivell 18-08-0 peg 33

Top Silvers:

1. John Bennett 26-12-0 peg 36 (Qualifies for the Wednesday Carps AC Silversmania)
2. Mike Nicholls 21-0-0 peg 40
3. Pete Sivell 18-08-0 peg 33

No comments: