Sunday 15 June 2008

Sunday 15/06/2008 - Carps AC - Summer Individual Series - Round Three - Sedges - Brick and Tile

Unfortunately I missed round two at Landsend Fishery as I was in Majorca with my wife Brenda. However, I asked Darren Gillman to keep me informed of the result, it was nice to have a text from Darren informing me that he had won the Silvers from peg 11. Our return flight was delayed five hours therefore, I was not as prepared as I could have been, I also didn't feel focused. I was hoping to draw on Tile Lake as the Silvers had not been showing on Brick. I drew Brick peg 5. I was reasonably happy with this, as it did have some form with Silvers. I fed at 11.5 metres for Skimmers and started after the Ronnie Roach. The Ronnies were not responding, so went out for the Skimmers with 6mm GOT expander pellet. The next 15 minutes cost me - I lost my first four Skimmers which would have added at least 6 pound. I put the loss down to going for them too early - leading to light hooking. The upshot of the match was I had one Ghost carp for 9lb 10oz and a mix of Silvers for 12lb 15oz for a total of 22lb 9oz. This gave me one section penalty point in the silvers and three penalty points overall. I now have three points in the Silvers and five overall.
The match was won by Geoff Rogers (pictured above right with some of his Carp catch - well hidden by the net) with 114lb 10oz from Brick peg 9 with an all Carp catch to double figures on the pellet waggler. Runner up was Glenn Bailey from Brick peg 11 (I can't remember him drawing any other peg on this lake!) with 82lb 7oz - Glenn caught half on the pellet waggler and half on the pole in to the end margin, again all on pellet.

The Silvers was won by Jerry Pocock from Brick peg 8 with 34lb 2oz of Bream and Skimmers on 6mm expander pellet. Jerry was 14lb a head of runner up Darren Gillman who had 20lb 13oz from Tile peg 27.

Full Result:

1. Geoff Rogers 114-10-0 peg 9
2. Glenn Bailey 82-07-0 peg 11
3. Andy Neal 69-11-0 peg 13
4. Tom Magnel 61-04-0 peg 35
4. Roger Young 61-04-0 peg 40
6. Rod Wotton 55-04-0 peg 12

Top silvers:

1. Jerry Pocock 34-02-0 peg 8
2. Darren Gillman 20-13-0 peg 27
3. Alan Oram 18-15-0 peg 24
4. Dave Hodgeson 18-07-0 peg 24

I thought it worth publishing the 31lb net of Rudd caught by Bill Ferris (pictured above right - pictures courtesy of Mark Gibson) at a Carps AC Wednesday match at Cider Farm - Shepherds lake. Bill caught at two metres on caster and only managed 2nd in the silvers as he stopped catching due to Carp moving in to his swim. Dave Bacon (pictured above right) won the match with 133lb 7oz!

No comments: