Wednesday 28 May 2008

Wednesday 28/05/2008 Carps AC - Burley Fields


Well this venue produced the best match for me in 2007 with 60lb of Skimmers, and has done so far in 2008 with 58lb 6oz of Roach - with a smattering of Skimmers! Even the incessant rain could not spoil the day, as it gave my tackle a good clean! I drew peg 7 on the day which put me in the far right hand corner (looking from the car park). At the last Carps AC match Gordon Canning's had some Skimmers in this peg, so off to the peg with anticipation. I started on the 3 metre whip with caster and caught Roach to 8oz straight off. I then tried for the Skimmers at 10 metres with paste having fed earlier with 25o ml of pellet. This resulted in a run of six Skimmers to 2lb - then pestered by Roach. I fed the line again then back after the Roach with caster. After an hour back out on the Skimmer line which resulted in a couple more Skimmers, then again pestered by 10oz Roach! I decided to fish the remainder of the match on the 3 metres whip with a change to GOT expander pellet, which resulted in a number of quality Roach to 1lb.

My mate Darren Gillman (pictured top right with his 8lb Carp) drew peg 1 which was one above the bridge on the left hand bank. Darren pipped me on the silvers by 1lb 2oz! Darren also had one 8lb Carp for a winning weight of 67lb 8oz (Darren's Silvers also included three Barbel for 7lb - yes Barbel there are also big Chub in the lake to 6lb). Darren picked up £40 and myself £30 for the Silvers pool - by default. When we both pickup we have a stop in the pub, this time it was the Essex Arms in Kingswood. We both also picked up an Indian curry next door in the Curry Kings - end to a perfect day.

Full result (mostly Silvers)

1. Darren Gillman 67-08-0 peg 1 (Qualifies for the Wednesday Carps Silvermaina)
2. Mike Nicholls 58-06-0 peg 7
3. Steve Jefferies 47-11-0 peg 6
4. Dave Bacon 42-01- 0 peg 5
5. Andy Gard 40-01-0 peg 2
6. Andy Britt 36-04-0 peg 3

Top silvers:

1. Darren Gillman 59-08-0 peg 1
2. Mike Nicholls 58 -6-0 Peg 7
3. Andy Britt 36-04-0 peg 3

No comments: