Wednesday 21 May 2008

Wednesday 21/05/2008 Carps AC - Viaduct Fishery - Match and Middle

It was a late decision to fish this match. My ten mile planned walk was cancelled plus with the match being fished on Lakes which I anticipated would be less peggy than the usual Match Lakes - Campbell and Cary I decided to book in. This lake suffered with fish loss two years back and has been since been rejuvenated by joint owner - Steve Long. It has not been fished much since then, so it was an unknown quantity. I travelled again with Bill Ferris, or as I have now nicked named him JIT (Just In Time).

Just before the draw Steve Jackson was over heard to say to Tom Thick "I don't want a snotty nosed school kid telling me how to fish".

I drew peg 29 on Match Lake. I found my self on a long right hand corner peg next to Colin Golding who was next to John Bradford - so interesting trio contest for the Silvers. I started on the Caster and after 10 minutes no indication! Out on my Skimmer line and started to put some Skimmers, Roach and small Carp together. I tried the paste in the margin without any serious indications. I fished the rest of the match out at 10 metre on my Skimmer line. I weighed 19lb 13oz of Silvers and 15lb 3oz of Small Carp for second in the match and second in the Silvers and a pick up of £35.

Tom Thick (pictured with one of his seven doubles - for 82 lb of Carp) won the match with 109lb 3oz from peg 38 on Middle Lake (well known as the "Mister Crabtree Swim"). Tom Also won the silvers with 27lb 5oz. Interestingly enough Tom Drew next to Steve Jackson (peg 37) who could only manage 30lb 4oz. Well done Tom - you made my day.

Full Result:

1. Tom Thick 109-03-0 peg 38
2. Mike Nicholls 35-0-0 peg 29
3. Joss Garrett 31-10-0 peg 35
4. Steve Jackson 30-04-0 peg 37
5. Paul Barnfield 26-10-0 peg 43
6. Steve Jefferies 26-04-0 peg 36

Top Silvers:

1. Tom Thick 27-05-0 peg 38
2. Mike Nicholls 19-03-0 peg 29

Paul Barnfield qualified for the Wednesday Silversmania by triple default with 11-03-0

No comments: