Sunday 25 May 2008

Sunday 25/05/2008 - Carps AC - Summer Individual Series - Round One - Viaduct - Campbell - Cary and Lodge

I was hoping to draw Lodge Lake to keep away from the Carp Slaying. However, it wasn't to be. I drew peg 127 on Campbell - right slayers peg. I must admit I have lost my way a bit on Campbell. I have this belief in Silvers fishing that distracts me from framing through Carp slaying. Overall I fished bad. I started after the Ronnies as usual - there were so many 1oz fish in my swim I could not get to the bottom in three foot of water. Whether I fed heavy or light I caught a 1 oz Ronnie. There must be millions in this lake. I went out at 9 metres for Skimmers and caught one Bream a couple of Skimmers an five Tench in the first half hour on paste. The wind dropped and once again I tormented by Ronnies and 2oz Skimmers. Half heartily tried the waggler and had three carp for 19lb 15oz. I kept thinking of the Silvers and kept trying for the Skimmers and Tench instead of persevering with the waggler. I weighed 15lb 12oz of Silvers for a total of 35lb 11oz. I was one out from winning the section by a numerous defaults. In any case it would not have been deserved with the way I fished. Incidentally, this would have been my twentieth consecutive pick-up. Some lessons learnt for next week I think!

The match was won by Roger Young (pictured right) with 134lb 10oz of Carp from Campbell peg 125. Roger caught half his fish on the pellet waggler and half on the straight lead. Roger's wife informed me that he is otherwise known as "The Purple Plonker". I wonder why (see photo)? I personally thought he fish a good tight match. Runner up was my pairs partner in last years Bowd Valley evening series Jerry Pocock (pictured bottom right). Shaun Townsend (third in the Silvers) has drawn with Jerry this year - must be hot favourites.

Paul Greenwood (pictured top right) drew peg 121 and had the complete Campbell end bank to himself and made the most of it with a magnificent 78lb 6oz of Tench to easily win the Silvers.
These matches are paying the same in both the Silvers and overall weights, plus sections of ten.

Top Individuals:

1. Roger Young 134-10-0 peg 125 (Campbell)
2. Jerry Pocock 127-12-0 peg 81 (Cary)
3. Andy Neal 124-12-0 peg 116 (Campbell)
4. Tony Whittcomb 103-06-0 peg 135 (Campbell)

Top Silvers:

1. Paul Greenwood 78-06-0 peg 121 (Campbell)
2. Tom Thick 48-14-0 peg 131 (Campbell)
3. Shaun Townsend 34-06-0 peg 76 (Cary)
4. Shane Caswell 24-10-0 peg 123 (Campbell)

No comments: