Sunday 18 May 2008

Sunday 18/05/2008 Carps AC - Sedges - Tile

This is the second time I have fished this new lake (Tile Lake pictured top right - for reference peg 40 is bottom right corner) and I must say once again I enjoyed it very much. The match was well pegged and organised, in fact a pleasure to fish. I travelled with my mate Darren Gillman and stopped at the Hill Top Cafe - which both Darren and I agree is the best breakfast on our circuit. The wind had changed to the North East causing the temperature to drop to 12 degrees. I drew peg 29 which placed me one from the far left side end with the wind blowing in to me at 11-0 clock. Darren drew peg 21 which was an end peg - the same side as me, which placed us in the same section! Darren said the wind had been blowing in to his end (end margin that is!) for some time which boosted his confidence of catching a few fish. Mark Jefferies drew this peg in the last match and DNW'd.

I set up one rig for the Skimmers at 10 metre, one for the Ronnie Roach and two rigs for the margin - paste and pellet. My main target was Silvers, as the wind was too strong for feeding the pellet waggler to the opposite island. I initially potted in 250ml of micro pellet on both the 10 metre line and in to the right hand margin. However, I started on the Ronnie rig which I needed to add four number 11 back shot to counteract the effects of the wind. In the first two hours I had about 12 lb of Silvers - Perch and Roach. I then tried the RH margin and had a bonus 4lb Tench on paste. Back on the Ronnie rig resulted in Eels galore with the odd Ronnie. In the last half hour I decided to focus on the Eels and had ten good Eels for about 10lb. I tried the Skimmer line - to no avail. I weighed 28lb 11oz of Silvers and 1lb 7 oz of Carp (Five!). This gave me 1st in the Silvers and 5th overall in the match with a total weight of 30lb 9oz and a pick up of £50.

Martin Rayatt won the match from peg 35 adopting the same method as the previous winner, Glenn Bailey - pellet waggler just off the opposite island for 64lb 15oz - all Carp. Runner up was matey Darren Gillman (pictured right) with 33lb 7oz of mainly Carp and Eels. Darren fished in to the end margin with paste (Carp) and red maggot (Eels).

Full Result:

1. Martin Rayett 64-15-0 peg 35
2. Darren Gillman 33-07-0 peg 21
3. Bryan Slipper 32-14-0 peg 37
4. Paul Lock 31-10-0 peg 33
5. Mike Nicholls 30-09-0 peg 29
6. Mark (Podge) Jefferies 30-02-0 peg 36

Top Silvers:

1. Mike Nicholls 28-11-0 peg 29
2. Paul Lock 23-08-0 peg 33

No comments: