Wednesday 9 April 2008

Wednesday 09/04/2008 Carps AC - Bullocks Farm - Match Pool

Why is it that venues which you hate are always kind to you. Bullocks Farm is one such venue for me. From the photograph (bottom right) you might think it idyllic! I have fished the venue four times and framed three times. So today was no different I drew permanent peg 22 (for the second time) - a good draw!
I set up one rig a 4x10 Jolly with no 11 shot spread out over the full three foot at 10 metres. I Plumbed at 12-o-clock and 2-o-clock and found 10mm difference. The twelve-o-clock was deeper due to anglers naturally fishing out in front, caused by fish "feeding-out" the silt. I expected to catch more at the 2-o-clock position.
I decided to try my new mix of ground bait which I fed through a kinder pot at 12-o-clock. I caught Crucians steady on 4mm GOT expander for while but it was not really working well enough. I switched to the 2-o-clock where I fed 3mm expander (five pellets every fish). I caught Crucians steady for the rest of the match. I think this worked much better due to:

1. The expander pellet feed falls slowly.
2. The Crucians are taking the feed pellet whilst moving (on the drop).
3. Not fishing in a "hole".

I finished the match with 25lb 13oz of Crucians for second overall and second in the Sivers and a pick up of £30.

Young Gun Tom Thick photographed with his catch of mainly Crucians (top right) won both the Match and Silvers with 28lb 2oz, qualifying for the Wednesday Silversmania. Tom caught on single maggot over swim-stim ground bait from peg 25.
The match proved to be a close affair for the top six.

Full Result:

1. Tom Thick 28-02-0 Peg 25
2. Mike Nicholls 25-13-0 Peg 22
3. Dave Wride 19-05-0 Peg 18
4. Bill Ferris 19-0-0 Peg 10
5. Andy Gard 18-08-0 Peg 26
6. Colin Golding 16-09-0 Peg 12

Top Silvers:

1. Tom Thick 26-10-0 (Wednesday Silversmania Qualifier)
2. Mike Nicholls 24-04-0

No comments: